The Oklahoma Parent Taught Driver Education Affidavit is a document that must be completed by parents who wish to teach their children to drive in Oklahoma. It is important to note that the Parent Taught Drivers Education Affidavit is required for those taking online courses with IDriveSafely, DriversEd.com, and Aceable as well. The affidavit contains information about the parents, the student, and the vehicle that will be used for behind-the-wheel instruction. The affidavit must be submitted to the Oklahoma Department of Public Safety (DPS) before the student can begin behind-the-wheel instruction.
Oklahoma Parent Taught Drivers Ed Affidavit
The affidavit contains the following information:
- The full legal names, mailing addresses, and driver's license numbers of the parents.
- The name of the parent-taught driver education provider selected by the parents.
- The full legal name, mailing address, and instruction permit number or driver's license number of the student.
- A statement that affirms that any vehicle used for behind-the-wheel instruction will comply with Oklahoma's insurance requirements.
- A statement that affirms that the parents will obey all state laws regarding the operation of a motor vehicle and all rules of the Department of Public Safety regarding parent-taught driver education.
- A statement that affirms that the parents will notify the DPS immediately if any information in the affidavit changes.
- A statement that holds harmless and free of liability the DPS, its employees, and the State of Oklahoma.
You can find, download, and print a copy of the Oklahoma Parent Taught Drivers Ed Affidavit here at Oklahoma.gov. The affidavit must be completed in full and signed by both parents.
Submitting Your Parent Taught Drivers Ed Affidavit to the OK DPS
Your Oklahoma Parent Taught Drivers Ed affidavit must be submitted to the DPS by mail or in person. The DPS will review the affidavit and, if approved, will return a copy of the affidavit to the parents. The accepted affidavit must be carried in the vehicle at all times it is being used for a behind-the-wheel session of an approved parent-taught driver education course.
The Oklahoma Parent-Taught Driver Education Affidavit is a requirement for all students who wish to take parent-taught driver education in Oklahoma. The affidavit is a way for the DPS to ensure that parents who are teaching their children to drive are qualified and that the students are receiving the proper instruction. For more on Oklahoma Drivers Education, see our complete guide here.