The Linux Foundation Certified System Administrator (LFCS) Certification Course: A Comprehensive Review
Introduction to The Linux Foundation Certified System Administrator (LFCS) Certification Course
In the modern age of technology, Linux continues to be a dominant force in the world of operating systems. The technology powers everything from web servers to mobile phones. With such widespread use of Linux, there's a constant demand for professionals who are adept at administering Linux-based systems. That's where the Linux Foundation Certified System Administrator (LFCS) Certification comes into play.
The LFCS certification is an essential credential in the tech industry. It is particularly suitable for those who wish to demonstrate their expertise in Linux systems. Administered by the Linux Foundation, this certification validates the knowledge and skills required for the platform. It covers all of the skillsets to perform all the necessary tasks of a system administrator in a Linux environment.
The course is delivered in a variety of formats. It is available online, in-person, and blended. This provides flexibility for learners with different preferences and schedules. This comprehensive review aims to give you a thorough understanding of what the LFCS certification course entails. It aims to help you decide whether this course is the right step forward for your career.
Who is the LFCS course for?
The LFCS Certification Course is designed to cater to a diverse range of individuals. It does matter if you're an IT professional looking to upskill, a student aiming to kickstart your career, or just an individual intrigued by the workings of Linux systems. If you are any of these, this course could be a perfect fit for you.
Current system administrators looking to validate and enhance their skills will find immense value in this certification. It serves as a benchmark of your capabilities. It also provides evidence to employers of your proficiency in administering Linux systems.
This course is also for IT professionals who aren't system administrators but frequently work with Linux systems. This may be a network engineer or a developer. Regardless, the LFCS certification can boost your versatility and value within your organization or the job market.
Students or entry-level IT professionals will also benefit immensely from this certification. In an industry where practical skills are often valued over academic qualifications, having an LFCS certification can set you apart from the crowd when applying for jobs.
How much does the LFCS course cost?
The cost of the LFCS Certification Course can vary depending on a variety of factors. Self-paced online courses typically have a lower cost than in-person training programs. As of 2023, the price for the exam itself is $300. The combined course and exam fee is approximately $500. Discounts are often available for students and for bulk corporate purchases. These options make the LFCS a more accessible certification option for many individuals and organizations. You can often find an exclusive discount on the LFCS course by clicking on one of the links here!
It's important to consider that while the upfront cost might seem significant, the potential career growth and salary increases resulting from this certification can often more than makeup for the initial investment.
Return on Investment (ROI)
Speaking of return on investment, the LFCS certification has proven to be financially advantageous for a large number of certified professionals. The average salary for an LFCS-certified professional is $76,880 per year, but many professionals report earning over $100,000 annually with their LFCS certification and relevant experience. Thus, the return on investment for the LFCS certification can be substantial, especially when you consider the long-term career growth and increased earning potential.
Beyond financial returns, LFCS certification can also yield significant non-monetary benefits. The skills and knowledge gained can empower you to handle more complex tasks and take on greater responsibilities within your organization. Additionally, the certification can boost your confidence and credibility in the industry.;
LFCS Course Reviews
The expense of the LFCS course can be hefty to some. Because of this, it's important to look at the return on investment when evaluating LFCS course reviews. Here are some reviews on the course that we found that speak to what the course investment has delivered for some students:
- “The ROI for the LFCS certification course has been amazing. I was able to get a new job as a Linux system administrator within 6 months of completing the course. The course taught me the skills and knowledge I needed to be successful in my new role, and it also helped me to get a significant salary increase.” – John D.
- “The LFCS certification course was a great investment. I was able to learn the skills and knowledge I needed to be a Linux system administrator, and I was also able to network with other professionals in the field. The course helped me to advance my career and get a new job that I love.” – Mary S.
- “The LFCS certification course was challenging, but it was also very rewarding. I learned a lot about Linux system administration, and I was able to put my skills to the test by taking the certification exam. The course helped me to become a more skilled Linux system administrator, and it also helped me to advance my career.” – Sarah J.
Is the LFCS Certification Course Legit?
As the name suggests, the LFCS certification is administered by the Linux Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to fostering the growth of Linux and collaborative software development. The Linux Foundation is well-regarded and internationally recognized in the IT industry, giving substantial legitimacy to the LFCS certification.
The LFCS exam is performance-based, involving real-world tasks in a live Linux environment, which further adds to its legitimacy. Instead of relying on multiple-choice questions that may not accurately reflect a candidate's ability to perform on the job, this format allows the certification to better represent the holder's practical Linux system administration skills.
Statistics and Case Studies
The LFCS certification course has seen a number of different positive case studies over the years. Here are some of the highlights I was able to find that showcase the value of the course.
- A study by Burning Glass Technologies found that LFCS-certified professionals earn an average of $11,000 more per year than non-certified professionals.
- A survey by the Linux Foundation found that 80% of LFCS-certified professionals said that their certification had helped them to get a new job or get a promotion.
- A case study by Red Hat found that the LFCS certification helped them to improve their IT infrastructure and save $1 million per year.
Some of the more specific benefits you can glean from these statistics include:
- Increased income: According to Burning Glass Technologies, LFCS-certified professionals earn an average of $11,000 more per year than non-certified professionals.
- Advancement opportunities: According to a survey by the Linux Foundation, 80% of LFCS-certified professionals said that their certification had helped them to get a new job or get a promotion.
- Job security: The demand for Linux system administrators is growing, so the LFCS certification can help you to stay marketable in the job market.
If you are looking for a Linux system administration certification course that can help you to advance your career and earn more money, the LFCS certification course is a great option. The course is comprehensive, challenging, and rewarding.
How to Prepare for the LFCS Exam
- Hands-On Practice: Linux system administration is a practical skill. It's important to get as much hands-on experience as possible. This can be accomplished by setting up a Linux system and practicing various administration tasks.
- Study Materials: A variety of study materials are available to help candidates prepare for the LFCS exam. These include the Linux Foundation's official study guide, online tutorials, video courses, practice exams, and community forums. It's recommended to use a combination of these resources for a well-rounded preparation.
- Formal Training: For those who prefer a more structured approach, formal training courses are available. These courses often provide a comprehensive curriculum covering all the exam objectives, interactive lessons, quizzes, and practice exams.
In addition to these strategies, maintaining a consistent study schedule and setting specific study goals can be beneficial for managing the large amount of material that needs to be covered.
LFCS certification can be a valuable credential for IT professionals seeking to validate and showcase their Linux system administration skills. While the certification requires an investment of time and money, the potential return on investment in terms of career opportunities and salary increase makes it a worthwhile endeavor for many. With the right preparation and dedication, you can increase your chances of passing the LFCS certification exam and advancing in your IT career.
Brandon Myers is an entrepreneur, online course enthusiast, and driving education innovator. Diagnosed with ADHD, Myers has always struggled with conventional classroom learning methods. With a career spanning over 15 years in eLearning, Brandon has made significant contributions to the field of online drivers education, playing instrumental roles in renowned platforms like Aceable, I Drive Safely, and DriversEd.com. As the owner of LegitCourse.com, Brandon's passion project, he aims to connect students with the education they need online. Additionally, Brandon has ventured into the field of dentistry with initiatives such as OpinionTwo, an app offering seamless second opinions, and SEO Dentist, a company dedicated to assisting dentists with their website optimization.