When: Saturday, 28 October 2023, and Sunday, 29 October 2023
Where: Department of Continuing Education, Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, Tufts Craniofacial Pain Center, Boston, Massachusetts. This event is in collaboration with Tufts Medical Center Headache Program and The Boston Headache Institute.
- Dr. Donavon Khosrow Aroni, DMD, MS
- Dr. Alberto Malacarne, BDS, DMD
- Dr. Egilius L.H. Spierings, MD, PhD
About the Symposium:
Headache and face pain are intricate pain disorders. Their overlapping symptoms present challenges for proper diagnosis and treatment. Often, they are either under-treated or misdiagnosed. To address this, the symposium gathers experts across primary care medicine, pain medicine, neurology, dentistry, psychology, and otolaryngology.
- Commonalities and differences between temporomandibular disorder (TMD) and migraine.
- Understanding and managing patients with headache and face pain.
- The symposium also celebrates the innovative work of Noshir R. Mehta, BDS, MDS, DMD, MS and Dr. Egilius L.H. Spierings, MD, PhD in bridging the gap between medicine and dentistry.
- Recognize the most common headache and face pain conditions.
- Understand and provide appliance treatment for TMD.
Lecture: Credit Hours – 15, AGD Code: 200
- Doctor (Both Days): $799
- Doctor (Day 1 OR Day 2 Only): $699
- Staff: $599
- TUSDM Faculty and TUSDM Alumni: $639
- Students, Interns, Residents, and Fellows: $195.00
- Dr. Egilius H. Spierings: Currently, the Medical Director at The Boston Headache Institute. Former Clinical Professor of Neurology and Craniofacial Pain at Tufts University.
- Dr. Donavon Khosrow Aroni: Engaged in Craniofacial Pain/Orofacial Pain Disorder and Dental Sleep Medicine since 2011. Co-director of Interprofessional Pain and headache program at TUSDM since 2015.
- Alberto Malacarne: Assistant Professor at the Craniofacial Pain Center, Tufts University School of Dental Medicine. Diplomate, American Board of Orofacial Pain.
This symposium is a great opportunity for medical practitioners interested in enhancing their knowledge about headache and face pain management. It offers a mix of introductory lectures for newcomers to the field and specialized instruction for seasoned professionals. Interactive sessions will provide a fresh perspective on the various topics discussed.
Brandon Myers is an entrepreneur, online course enthusiast, and driving education innovator. Diagnosed with ADHD, Myers has always struggled with conventional classroom learning methods. With a career spanning over 15 years in eLearning, Brandon has made significant contributions to the field of online drivers education, playing instrumental roles in renowned platforms like Aceable, I Drive Safely, and DriversEd.com. As the owner of LegitCourse.com, Brandon's passion project, he aims to connect students with the education they need online. Additionally, Brandon has ventured into the field of dentistry with initiatives such as OpinionTwo, an app offering seamless second opinions, and SEO Dentist, a company dedicated to assisting dentists with their website optimization.