If you're considering a real estate career in Arizona, whether in Phoenix, Tucson, Mesa, or any other city, the initial step involves acquiring the necessary real estate license. This guide provides details on obtaining an Arizona real estate license, reviews the Arizona Real Estate License Course provided by Aceable Agent, and shares relevant statistics about the Arizona real estate market.
Applying for an Arizona Real Estate License
Here are the steps you need to take to become a real estate agent in Arizona:
- Complete pre-licensing education: Fulfill the 90-hour pre-licensing education requirement from an approved provider, covering topics such as real estate law, finance, contracts, agency, and ethics.
- Acquire experience: Have 12 months of qualifying experience in real estate, like working as an apprentice under a licensed real estate broker.
- Pass the state exam: Take and pass the Arizona Real Estate License Examination, which is divided into a national and an Arizona-specific portion.
- Apply for the real estate license: Submit an application to the Arizona Department of Real Estate (DRE), which includes proof of education, experience, a criminal background check, fingerprint clearance, and the necessary fee.
The application can be made through the Arizona Department of Real Estate website.
Real Estate Education Requirements in Arizona
In Arizona, aspiring real estate agents must complete a 90-hour pre-licensing education course from an approved provider. The education should cover essential topics like real estate law, finance, market analysis, property valuation, contracts, agency, and ethics.
Resources for Aspiring Real Estate Agents in Arizona
The Arizona Department of Real Estate offers numerous resources for newcomers to the field. These include approved education providers, a real estate handbook, and online materials. Mentoring programs, professional development courses, and networking events can also be of great benefit.
Online Arizona Real Estate License Courses
There are a number of ADRE approved providers who offer quality Real Estate Education online. We outline two of our favorites below.
The Arizona Real Estate License Course from Aceable Agent is an ADRE-approved, fully online, self-paced course that provides a comprehensive overview of necessary subjects. The course is intended to be 90 hours by state law. Many students take longer than this. The Arizona Real Estate course from Aceable Agent features a curriculum that includes real estate law, finance, market analysis, property valuation, contracts, agency, and ethics. The course incorporates interactive lessons, videos, quizzes, and practice exams to solidify your understanding.
Aceable Agent offers a pass guarantee. If you don't pass the Arizona real estate licensing exam on your first attempt, you can retake the course free of charge, signifying their confidence in the course content and teaching methods they offer.
With the AceableAgent Arizona Real Estate course, you get extra exam prep with state and national question banks. The online course also includes downloadable study guides, virtual flashcards, and video deep dives. An in-course audio-only option is also available if you want to learn on the go (this option works great for sitting in traffic and is almost like a podcast).
The CE Shop’s Arizona Real Estate Salesperson Pre-Licensing Course is a comprehensive course that covers all the essential topics you need to know to pass the Arizona real estate salesperson exam. The course includes 96 hours of instruction, which is the minimum number of hours required by the Arizona Department of Real Estate.
Arizona Real Estate Market and Profession: Statistics Overview
Here are some significant statistics about the Arizona real estate market as of 2022:
- 280,000 homes were sold in Arizona, up from 220,000 in 2021.
- The median home price in Arizona was $430,000, up from $340,000 in 2021.
- Over 100,000 real estate agents are active in Arizona, with a steadily increasing trend.
- The demand for real estate agents in Arizona is projected to keep growing. This is due to factors such as the state's growing population and increasing demand for housing. The complex real estate market only furthers the demand.
Tips for Aspiring Real Estate Agents in AZ
To thrive in the Arizona real estate business, there are a few fundamental principles you can apply. Here are some top tips to use when becoming a licensed real estate agent.
- Choose a comprehensive pre-licensing education course.
- Practice and prepare thoroughly for the licensing exam.
- Seek guidance and mentorship from experienced real estate professionals.
- Keep up with the latest real estate market trends and regulations.
- Maintain a high level of ethics and professionalism.
Taking your first steps into the real estate industry in Arizona can be an enriching journey. The rising demand for real estate agents in Arizona makes it a promising location for launching your career. Equip yourself with the necessary knowledge and skills through resources like the Arizona Real Estate License Course from Aceable Agent, and you'll be well-prepared to navigate the path to success.
Brandon Myers is an entrepreneur, online course enthusiast, and driving education innovator. Diagnosed with ADHD, Myers has always struggled with conventional classroom learning methods. With a career spanning over 15 years in eLearning, Brandon has made significant contributions to the field of online drivers education, playing instrumental roles in renowned platforms like Aceable, I Drive Safely, and DriversEd.com. As the owner of LegitCourse.com, Brandon's passion project, he aims to connect students with the education they need online. Additionally, Brandon has ventured into the field of dentistry with initiatives such as OpinionTwo, an app offering seamless second opinions, and SEO Dentist, a company dedicated to assisting dentists with their website optimization.