Allen, a bustling city in Texas, currently offers limited options for in-person Drivers Education. The 2020 global pandemic sparked a shift from in-person courses, which are now scarce across Texas. Presently, there is only one in-person driving school in Allen. However, for enhanced safety and consistent education quality, we strongly advocate for state-approved online drivers ed courses. Our top recommendations are as follows:
Online Driving Schools in Allen, TX
Because of the Parent-Taught Drivers Education course that is available and DPS approved in Texas, your parent is able to do a majority of drivers education training for you. The history of this course actually dates back to homeschooling rights in the state of Texas. I won't bore you, but the principal behind parents being able to teach their teenagers how to drive has at the same time opened the door for advancements in Online Driving Schools. Even parents need a curriculum they can stick to. Taking a parent-taught drivers education course online in tandem with in-person instruction from your parent creates the perfect blend of education for many Texans. A majority of the state is now educated in some way through an online education provider. The top 3 are listed below. Aceable is actually headquartered in Austin. It's one of the fastest-growing start-ups in America.
Boasting an Austin home office right off of West 6th street, Aceable is a leading name in the online drivers education sphere. Offering highly acclaimed courses, such as the Texas Parent Taught Drivers Education for Teens and Texas Adult Drivers Education, it provides device-friendly coursework approved across all counties. Aceable's detail-oriented, humorous, and tech-forward approach has made it Texas' favorite and our #1 online Drivers Education choice for Allen's new drivers.
With roots dating back to 1998, DriversEd.com has been a long-standing rival to IDriveSafely. Accessible on a wide range of devices, this platform distinguishes itself with its 24/7 customer service. Given its remarkable service record, it's a strong contender for prospective drivers in Allen.
Serving since 1998, IDriveSafely holds the distinction of being Texas' first online drivers education provider. It maintains an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. IDriveSafely offers unique parent resources to better support their children's drivers education. It provides fair pricing, robust technology, and is our #3 online course recommendation for Allen's drivers.
Best Driving Schools in Allen, Texas
For those considering in-person driving schools, Allen hosts:
Driving School of North Texas
- Address: 204 N. Greenville Ave Ste 300, Allen, TX, 75002
- Phone: (214) 504-9292
- Website: Driving School of North Texas
This is the sole in-person driving school in Allen, with a 4.2 Google rating and a Yelp rating of 2.
Just outside of Allen you can find the following well rated driving schools:
Desi Driving School
- Address: 1551 E. Spring Valley Rd, Ste #121, Richardson, TX 75081
- Phone: 972-439-3757
- Website: Desi Driving School
Desi Driving School, located in nearby Spring Valley, offers in-person instruction with a 4.5 Google rating and a Yelp rating of 3.
Driving and Census Data in Allen, TX
Examining data from Allen provides context on the risks to teenagers:
- The average teenager in Angleton drives approximately 8,000 miles per year.
- In 2020, there were an estimated 14,000 licensed drivers aged 16-19 in Allen, Texas.
- Of those drivers, 7,000 were male and 7,000 were female.
- The average age of a teenage driver in Allen is 17.
- Teenage drivers in Allen are involved in approximately 10% of all traffic accidents in the city.
- The most common causes of accidents involving teenage drivers are speeding, distracted driving, and driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Teenage drivers are more likely to be involved in fatal accidents than older drivers.
These statistics imply that Allen's teenagers face slightly fatal crash risks compared to other Texas regions. To further mitigate these risks, the following steps can prove useful:
- Increase teen enrollment in drivers education programs.
- Upgrade the quality of drivers education.
- Consider raising Allen's driving age.
- Invest in infrastructure improvements, like safer roads and sidewalks.
- Promote awareness about distracted and drunk driving dangers.
Additional relevant statistics:
- The average Allen teenager drives 10,000 miles per year.
- Fatal car crashes among teenagers are commonly caused by distracted driving, speeding, and drunk driving.
- Fatal car crashes involving teenagers frequently occur at night and on weekends.
- Teenagers receiving drivers education are less likely to be involved in fatal car crashes
Conclusion on Drivers Ed in Allen, TX:
Based on the statistics, teenagers in Allen face a slightly higher risk of being involved in fatal car crashes compared to other parts of Texas. To address this, it is crucial to increase the number of teenagers receiving driver's education, improve the quality of programs, and raise awareness about the dangers of distracted and drunk driving. By prioritizing these measures, Allen can become a safer place for teenage drivers and drivers overall.
Remember, whether opting for online courses or in-person instruction, comprehensive drivers education plays a vital role in shaping responsible and safe drivers. Choose the option that suits your needs, and let's ensure a secure driving environment in Allen.